Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sisterlocks Photo Shoot!

I am simultaneously excited and disappointed!

What better way to celebrate my first anniversary than to have a professional photo shoot, right?

I was just visiting the Official Sisterlocks Homepage to see what was new when I saw that there are going to be professional photo shoots around the country and one is this weekend in Atlanta!

I tried and tried to figure out how I could make it, but I have previous commitments that will not allow me to attend....Darn!

There's another one scheduled in Baltimore in June, so perhaps I can make that one. My brother lives in Maryland and I've been needing a reason to visit him and the rest of the family up north. I'm going to see if they would come to Charlotte as well. That would be awesome!

Imagine: we could each have photo shoots and then gather for dinner afterwards. It would be a great thing to plan our next gathering around.

Speaking of which...I know, I know...I have to post pics of the last Sisterlocks Gathering.

I was running around like a chicken with her head cut off trying to coordinate my trade show. I am happy to report that it went off without a hitch (that anyone else was aware of) and I will be posting about that as well.

I don't have lock envy too often because I love my own locks so well, but I must admit that I am a little jealous of the bloggers who have family members available to take pictures of them and their locks.

I do get tired of taking my own (holding my arm out, propping the camera on boxes, setting the timer - it gets old and there's only so creative I can get). I'm sure I'm not the only one! And y'all know I always try to pass info on, so for anyone who is interested in having a professional photo shoot done, check out this link: Sisterlocks Photo Shoot.

11 comments:

Meikmeika said...

WOOHOO!!! Happy to hear your trade show went well!!!

Even though I have someone to help take my pics, it's always a chore to get him to do it...

Lakia said...

The photographer takes really good sisterlocks photos. I am definitely going to do the one in June. I figured my locks will be a little more mature at 8 months. Also it would be nice to knock out the retightening course.

blackrussian said...

Yeah MM, there are people in my life I COULD ask to take photos, but no one who really 'gets it' - the whole document-your-journey thing.

That's a good idea, Lakia!

Amina said...

Ooh! Let me know if you're coming! I would definitely be there! I'm trying to take the re-tightening class in June too!

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

I would love to have professional photos taken, I too am getting tired of taking my own pictures.

I am glad to hear the your trade show went well!!!!

Akinogal said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

blackrussian said...

Will do Amina!

Thanks, Diva!

Since there was a TORNADO in ATL yesterday, I feel like it's just as well that I wasn't planning to make that photo shoot!

I wonder how that's gonna go for the people who booked it.

Notebooks said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

sunsail said...

Hey! If you come to MD, drop me a note! I would love to meet you! :)

Maryee said...

Droppin' by to say hi! Looks like from your profile pic that your hair is really growing. Happy belated birthday and happy belated 1 yr anniversary!!!Blessings...

blackrussian said...

Sure, SS!

I may actually be there in about three weeks for a conference. If I make it, it will be a quick trip where I'm visiting family and working, but I will try to squeeze in a visit with you (and whoever else you want to rustle up that we know from the blogosphere!)

Thanks Maryee! It is getting longer every day. And don't worry about the b-day. It was more than 6 months ago and I didn't post about it, so you didn't miss it. No one knew.

I quietly noted that I was another year older, and that was all. No party. No fanfare.

Right now, I am actually closer to my 31st. The only reason I posted anything about my 30th is because it is kind of a milestone/turning point sort of year.

At least you feel like it is or should be as it looms ahead of you.

I was just talking to one of the locked sisters I met in Charlotte today and I was saying that I felt very much like it was now or never.

I know what direction I want my life to take and as I approached my 30th birthday I just became more aware of the passage of time and that if the next 10 and 15 years passed as quickly as the last 10 and 15 had, then I had better make whatever changes were necessary now - to make sure that I am living my best life.

Lest I wake up and find myself 40 and terribly unhappy about living a life that I did not choose actively, but one that was chosen for me by default.

And...the anniversary is not late either. it is actually right on time. Today is my 1 yr, but I haven't posted yet because I haven't had time to take pics.