Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Walk It Out

I'm very excited. I have begun my first week of training for the marathon. I am not sure what goal I will be able to reach. When I was younger and healthier, I could always whip my body into good shape in a matter of 4 - 5 weeks. As I have gotten older and experienced some considerable health challenges, I have realized that I can no longer take that ability for granted.

I would love, love, love to run the full marathon. But I don't want to set my sights that high and find myself discouraged to the point of giving up, so I am going into this with the intention of completing the half marathon as a walker - which will still be a considerable achievement for me.

5 comments:

muslimahlocs said...

hmmm...i saw that hint and know of a half-marathon/marathon in san diego. matter of fact, i ran it in the pre-hijab era and would like to do so again. keep me posted.

SHG/FED said...

You guessed it! I'm training with TNT to participate in the Rock 'n' Roll marathon at the end of May. I will be posting about my progress on all of my blogs.

Cut and paste, baby...

SHG/FED said...

My other internet alias...it's still BR, but I post to my business blog from another account. Forgot I was logged in under the other identity until it popped up with the other name.

Anonymous said...

You can do it!! I'm rooting for you!!!

Docs Locs said...

I'm impressed. My treadmill watching judge mathis for 60 minutes is my greatest running ambition :o)