Thursday, November 29, 2007

Still in love...8 months

Today I celebrate my 8 month anniversary.

Wow!...right? Time does fly. Still loving my locks and not a single regret.

I haven't noticed m(any) changes in the last month. Length, texture, density - all seem to be about the same, which is okay. I'm trying to develop the mindset where I don't really expect anything to be noticeably different between now and my one year anniversary.

What has changed noticeably is my attitude about my locks. They are less of a novelty to me. I do still play with them a lot, fingering them in idle moments, but I spend a lot less time in the mirror checking for changes. I also spend a lot less time thinking about my hair in general....how I will wear it, whether it looks good.

I still freestyle 98% of the time. I shake it out when I wake up in the morning. I put it up in a ponytail when I exercise, and I check to make sure no stray pieces are sticking up when I pass my reflection and that's about it. Otherwise I don't think about it unless someone asks me a question or gives me a compliment...which is happening more and more often.

In a little more than a week I will attend my very first Sisterlocks gathering hosted by Blessed Gem Lady in Charlotte. I am really looking forward to meeting with other sisters with locks.

3 comments:

muslimahlocs said...

that's great. we would love to see you in san diego for hte homecoming in july. will you be there?

n'Drea said...

Congrats! Continue to enjoy them.

blackrussian said...

Yes, ML, I plan to attend, and thanks ND, I will!